On Earth Day, about a week before our event, a lot of people will be planting a tree. At our plant an orchard event, we plan to plant 150-200! Serosun Farms invites you to a rare opportunity on Saturday, April 30 from 11am-2pm to join us as we plant 150-200 bare root apple, pear, cherry, and plum trees. During the event, you will learn about the history of apple orchards in the US and about cider, hard cider, perry, and more. You’ll get to enjoy refreshments—including some local cider, hard cider and perry for tasting!
- What: Plant an Orchard with Serosun Farms
- When: Saturday, April 30, 11am-2pm
- Where: Serosun Farms, 45W489 Berner Rd., Hampshire, IL 60140
- What will we do? Plant an initial orchard of bare root apple, pear, cherry, and plum trees, learn about the history of apple orchards and about cider, hard cider, perry and more. Enjoy refreshments including tastings of local cider, hard cider, and perry.
- Wear and bring: Wear close-toed shoes and outdoor work/gardening clothes. We will supply the gear necessary for planting.
- Who: Everyone is invited; however, only those 14 years and up will be allowed to help us plant. Younger children with parental supervision can watch, learn, sip cider and have fun. Grab a partner, your family, or a group of friends and come. Whether you are able-bodied and looking to take a part in satisfying volunteer work where the green grass grows or you are fascinated with history and how things work, please join us!
- RSVP: Fill out the form below to let us know you will be joining us.
This unique event is taking place at a unique place. Serosun Farms is a sustainable community that blends peaceful, pastoral living with modern convenience. The community gracefully combines agricultural preservation and high-performance homes with every modern amenity. The custom homes offer one acre lots with breathtaking views of the working farm on which they are situated. Learn more about living at Serosun Farms.